SMA has boosted its partnership ranks with the announcement of two new Partners. The announcement highlights the firm's continued commitment to the expansion of its offering in support of its positioning as leader in the market for international...
Luciana has a Law degree from the Catholic University of Santos – UNISANTOS (1994) and Postgraduate´s degree in Contemporary Civil Procedure Law from the Catholic University of Parana – PUCPR (2009).
Luciana began her professional career at the Legal Department of shipping agency in Santos, in 1993. In 1997, Luciana settled in Paranagua advising shipowners and shipping agencies. In 2001, Luciana began her partnership with SMA, in Paranagua. Since 2005 Luciana work as Legal Advisor of the Association of Maritime Agencies of Parana State providing permanent advice to the entity and its associates (shipping agencies) in their obligations and liability limits, including union and labor negotiations. Luciana, today, works regularly in judicial and administrative disputes in favour of shipping agencies and shipowners.
Luciana provides tax advice and acts in tax disputes in favor of shipping agencies and port operators. Luciana assists shipowners, through their respective Protection Clubs in disputes involving accidents, oil pollution damage and cargo claims and also shipping companies and NVOCCs in administrative defenses against environmental authorities, regulatory agencies and the IRS. Luciana is registered with the Brazilian Bar Association in Parana and São Paulo, acting both in litigation and in consultancy.
Portuguese and English.
- Registered with the Brazilian Bar Association at Parana and São Paulo.
- Member of Iberoamerican Institute of Maritime Law – IIDM.
- Founder Member in Brazil of WISTA Women´s International Shipping & Trade Association - WISTA
- Advising and representing shipping agencies and their unions in their duties and liability limits;
- Advising on trade union negotiations and labor claims between shipping agencies and their employees and partners;
- Advising and representing shipping agencies and port operators in administrative and judicial litigations involving tax issues;
- Representing owners through their respective Protection Clubs in disputes involving accidents, including personal, oil pollution damages and cargo claims;
- Representing shipping agencies adminis
For further information or to speak to one of our experts please contact us